Discover why it is worth including these bars in your daily life.
The first time I tried a crowbar, or "joy" as we Mexicans call it, I remember my mouth was watering. As if I have finally found the ideal food for me. Years later, I discovered that this food is not only delicious and quite inexpensive, it is also super nutritious!
There are so many benefits of natural amaranth that you probably don't know all of them. You do not believe me? Continue reading.
The Benefits Of Natural Amaranth
1. It has a lot of protein
Amaranth contains nine essential amino acids that are important since our body does not produce them, making amaranth a complete protein. Like quinoa, amaranth is a "pseudo cereal" so named because its nutritional content is very similar to that of grains.
In addition to this, natural amaranth is high in lysine and methionine, two types of amino acids that are not usually found in other grains.
2. It's Excellent For Vegetarians
It is a good option for vegetarians and vegans since a cup of cooked amaranth contains up to 9 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. Plus, it also works for a gluten-free diet.
3. Reduces Risk Of Diseases
By consuming more plant-derived protein, you switch from saturated fat to unsaturated fat. This type of fat can help lower bad cholesterol levels while lowering your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Among the many benefits of natural amaranth, are the following elements:
- Vitamin B2 riboflavin and Vitamin B3 niacin: important for metabolic rate and energy production. Also, thanks to the energy they provide the body, these vitamins help fight disease and infection.
- Vitamin C: it is ideal for growth and to regenerate body tissues. Its role as an antioxidant can help prevent the development of certain cancers and heart diseases.
- Calcium: As is well known, this element maintains healthy bones throughout the body.
- Magnesium: provides energy and regulates the function of muscles and the nervous system. It is also essential for maintaining a healthy heart.
- Iron: it is necessary for good blood circulation as it helps to produce hemoglobin in red blood cells to carry and store oxygen in the body.
4. Has Various Medicinal Effects
Being so rich in nutrients, it makes sense that amaranth has medicinal benefits. It can help prevent heart disease, certain cancers, and diabetes. This is due to the high fiber content that promotes a healthy digestive system and helps us to go to the bathroom regularly.
In addition, studies have reported that its properties can stimulate our immune system defending us against tumors and diseases such as anemia.
5. Anti-Allergic and Antioxidant Function
Recent studies report that amaranth has an anti-allergic and antioxidant function. This is partly due to the large amount of Vitamin C it has, which prevents this type of discomfort.
Marces: The Most Mexican Amaranth
Considering all the benefits of natural amaranth, we Mexicans should feel lucky to have this food everywhere!
In Mexico, the joy sticks are part of the diet almost the same as the tortilla. In this country there are around 4,600 tons of amaranth. The main producing entities are: Puebla, Tlaxcala, State of Mexico, Federal District, Morelos, Oaxaca and San Luis Potosí.
They are also easy to acquire being that they last a long time under good conservation. In fact, the word "amaranth" comes from the Greek "unfading" or "that does not fade."
In fact, there is a Mexican company 100% called Marces, (as the meaning of amaranth) that handles super rich natural amaranth of different types: amaranth with honey, or with agave syrup from our country.
Take into account that, despite its promising benefits, you should consume amaranth in moderation and exercise. Remember that a balanced diet is the key to a happy and healthy life!
Are you eating healthy chocolate? Learn to choose your chocolate wisely: The Sweet and Bitter Truth of Chocolate (Cacao vs Cocoa)