Without a doubt, the best champurrado is granny's.
There are many delicious traditional Mexican drinks, but my grandchildren love the Mexican classic: the champurrado de masa.
This rich and traditional Mexican drink, in addition to being delicious, is very nutritious. That is why I make sure to constantly prepare it for my family. So, pay close attention to the details on how to make dough shampoo!
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Serves You For: 5 Cups
- 2 cups of water
- 1 piece of piloncillo
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 granny chocolate bars
- 2 cups corn dough
- 4 cups of evaporated milk
1. The first step in making dough champurrado is to boil the milk together with the piloncillo and cinnamon over low heat. You will see that little by little it will give off a delicious aroma and the milk will have a brownish color. You must wait until all the piloncillo dissolves, so that this Mexican drink is sweet.
2. When the first boil appears, add the chocolate little by little and mix until it dissolves. Mexicans know that Abuelita brand chocolate does not fail. However, there are others that can be delicious. Especially the Oaxaqueños! Like the Chocolate Mayordomo brand.
3. In a separate bowl, dissolve the corn dough together with the water. You can do it manually or with a whisk. You can also do the trick that my mother used to do, put it in the blender until everything is well incorporated. I honestly prefer to do it manually. Today young people are so lazy. It is no longer like in my times. However, we must not lose tradition.
This dough champurrado tastes so much better when made with effort and heart. Keep in mind that you should do this step, either before heating the milk or when it is just over the fire. Well, this liquid boils very quickly and tends to overflow.
4. Finally, add the dough little by little to the drink that you already had prepared and constantly stir a few more minutes.
5. Keep on the fire until the dough is cooked and you get a thick consistency. If there is a little cream, remove it with a spatula and stir again.
You can serve it with an additional cinnamon stick and with some cookies on the side. But the perfect combination, without a doubt, is with some delicious tamales.
This Mexican drink can suit all tastes. Some choose to add some chantilly cream or chocolate chips. My grandchildren love it this way. If you want to be naughty and add a little more chocolate to it, go ahead!
The secret is in the corn! Learn how to choose the best one so that your recipes are exquisite: Click here to read: 5 Delicious Recipes With Corn For Winter