This recipe for gelatin with natural fruit will help strengthen the bones of the grandchildren and grandfather.
Summer has arrived and along with this season begins the season of the most exotic and richest delicacy in Mexico, the mango. I'll tell you later how to prepare this nutritious gelatin with natural fruit, which by the way is full of magnesium and vitamin A. Just what little bones need!
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Serves You For: 5 Small Dishes
- 3 pieces of manila mango diced
- 1/2 can of condensed milk
- 2 envelopes of gelatin (30 grams or 1 cup)
- 1 cup of Jamaica flower
- 1/2 cup of sugar
Preparation For Gelatin With Natural Fruit
- First place half of the mango in the blender along with the condensed milk. Make sure the mango is manila type, as this is the sweetest and richest mango of all. Also, verify that it is at its point, that is, that it no longer has the green skin if not yellow like the sun.
- Blend the ingredients on medium speed until everything is well incorporated. You will see that you will have a slightly thick mixture. So carefully, strain the preparation to soften it. This little trick of mine is essential so that the mango gelatin is smoother, that is, without lumps. Reserve the mixture.
- Besides, heat a little water and put it in a cup. Then add the gelatin, little by little, to this container. Beat vigorously until completely dissolved.
- Now yes, in a bowl add the gelatin along with the other 2 cups of water. As you will notice, it is better to dissolve the gelatin in a single cup, as this will help make the final consistency of the gelatin lighter.
- Quickly pour the mango milk into this container and mix carefully until everything is incorporated.
- Finally, pour the mixture into a medium gelatin mold, which is approximately 20 × 20 cm. To give this natural gelatin a fresh touch, add the remaining whole mango pieces inside and refrigerate for 3 hours. This will serve about 5-6 people.
Another option is to place the mixture in 5 small molds in the way you prefer. This is an excellent idea for the little ones in the house. My grandchildren love to see their jelly made into figurines. You can even buy a mango-shaped mold, or one of his favorite figures. You will see that it will look super delicious.
For the Jamaican Sauce
- Place the Jamaica flower with in a pot with water and heat over medium heat. Stir until the Jamaica is well submerged.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes over low heat. And then strain the flower until only the liquid remains.
- Bring this liquid back to a boil over medium heat and add the sugar little by little. Another way to sweeten that sauce is with a little honey. I prefer that the mango is the one that gives the flavor to this tropical dessert. But my little grandchildren love this Jamaican sauce to make the jello a little sweeter. So you can decide the best option.
- After a few minutes boiling. You will notice that little by little the mixture will thicken. Stir until it is in the form of a sauce and remove from the heat.
- Pour the jamaica sauce, delicately, over the gelatin once it is cool. Not only will it taste delicious, you will also notice that the contrast of the colors is beautiful!
The crème de la crème of French pastries, but with a Mexican 100% twist: Delicious French Snack With Rompope