An ancient, delicious and super practical recipe for snacking.
When the Tatars (a barbarian tribe in Asia under Genghis Kahn) went on their conquests, they would put raw meat under the horse's saddle to tenderize it and then eat it. Thus was born the recipe that I will give you today: Tartar meat.
As you can see, this dish is steeped in history and is to die for. On this occasion, I will give you the recipe to prepare Mexican tartar meat, but with the magic touch of granny.
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Makes You For: 1 Large Bowl
- 600 grams of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 4 large lemons
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1.5 tablespoon capers
- 2 green arbol chiles, chopped
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper
Preparation for Mexican Tartar Meat
- Of course we will not use horses or go to war, instead we will use the recipe that the Germans took up. The preparation is very simple but delicate since we will be using raw meat. The cooking method is not with fire, nor in the oven. The magic of the dish is made by lemon juice. To tan the meat, you have to add the lemon juice to the meat and put it well covered in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- The meat will be cooked with the help of the lemon and the cold, so that the microbes can be eliminated. Remember grandchildren, that you must cover the plate well so that the carnita does not spoil.
- After three hours, we take out the meat and throw in the lemon juice that is left over. Now, add another little fresh lemon juice, but this time only the necessary amount, you no longer have to drown the meat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the onion and parsley, the latter remember to disinfect it very well. Now I will reveal to you my secret to prepare a good Mexican tartar meat: I like to accompany this mixture with a little tomato and green arbol chiles (Mexicans can never lack that spicy flavor). So add these two ingredients, if you want to make this very Mexican dish.
- Once the mixture is ready, add the meat to integrate all the ingredients.
- Let the entire preparation rest at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
This dish can be served compacted in a mold and presenting it on the plate accompanied by capers, olive oil (to decorate) and a few slices of avocado (another very Mexican ingredient).
You can also serve it as toast or tortilla chips, without forgetting to add salt and pepper. Of course the accompaniment is to taste, so add carrots, tomatoes or chilli peppers. You can even put an egg on it. You will see that you will never crave meat in another way!
One more thing. The digestion of raw red meat is much higher than that of any other food. To help our body, I recommend accompanying it with vegetables or salad before eating it to aid digestion. So you can have a complete and super delicious meal in the Genghis Kahn style.
Eye love is born. Use these beautiful edible flowers to make an extraordinary dish !: Work up an appetite with some fancy salmon appetizers