Prepare Garibaldis !, Delicious homemade rolls for snack time.
It is time for snack and we know that it is a good time for a delicious bread with milk or coffee.
My favorites have always been those fluffy buns covered in white pussy.
My mouth watered every time I went to Los Bisquets de Obregón with my family and ate one of these.
In Mexico we call them Garibaldis. And like any piece of homemade bread, they have their little trick!
So pay close attention because I'm going to reveal those little secrets and details to prepare the best Garibaldis recipe, the authentic Mexican homemade bread.
Serves: 6 Garibaldis
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 cups of butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2/3 of cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup of apricot jam
- 2 cups of white corn
For this Garibaldis recipe you have to take into account that each step must be done carefully, that is, without any rush! Since bread is delicate like a plant and any movement can affect the final result.
- So go slowly. Start by gradually creaming the butter together with the sugar until it is pale and light. Leave the butter out of the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before mixing it with the sugar, you will see that it will be easier to beat.
2. When you have the creamy butter, add the eggs one by one and continue mixing gently.
3. Sift the flour with the baking powder, until there are no lumps. This is very important, as it will make this homemade Mexican bread even fluffier.
4. Wrap the flour with the butter base that you had prepared in the previous step, and add the whipping cream.
5. Work the dough a little, until you get a completely uniform mixture. But beware! The trick is not to work it too much because it can flatten. Let it rest for about 20 minutes, this is the ideal in any recipe to prepare bread. You will notice that its volume will begin to increase. If possible, wait another few minutes, since the more it puffs up, the better it will taste.
6. Next, gently pour this dough into the molds. You can use some cupcake molds, remember to leave a centimeter of the edge free so that the buns can fluff up. Bake at 180 ° Celsius (356 ° F) for 15 minutes, or until the pancakes are done.
7. Now, I will give you the trick of my family for this delicious homemade bread. Warm the jam and glaze the pancakes very well using a brush. The secret of this Garibaldis recipe is in the quality of the jam. My dad made some delicious ones. He told me that the big secret is to make sure the fruit is very fresh when preparing it. So if you can make the jam yourself at home, your Garibaldis will be even richer.
6. Finally sprinkle this authentic homemade Mexican bread with lots of chochitos!
Accompany with a cup of milk or coffee. Although, without a doubt, the best company for this homemade Mexican bread is that of your family or loved ones.
The crème de la crème of French pastries, but with a Mexican 100% touch, Click here to read: Delicious French Snack With Rompope