This Mexican dish will be your family's new favorite.
Mango is one of the most exquisite fruits. Not only is it delicious with lemon and chilito, as my grandchildren like, you can also include it in salads and even make a delicious sauce!
Mango sauce can add freshness to your dishes. You can try it along with this rich breaded chicken recipe. It is the favorite of my grandchildren since it is breaded with coconut!
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Serves You For: 8 Chicken Strips
For the breaded chicken
- 8 chicken breast strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut (dry), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (cornstarch) or wheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Mango Sauce
- 1/2 cup mango, chopped and peeled
- 2 tablespoons of natural water
- 1/2 tablespoon of chipotle marinated
- Sugar to taste
Preparation of the breaded chicken with coconut
- This breaded chicken recipe is very simple, because the breast strips are going to be breaded, but instead of using ground bread you will substitute it with coconut. First, cover the chicken strips with the cornstarch.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add a little salt and pepper. I share a little secret with you, because I add a little mustard to enhance the flavor, so you can try it or do it in a traditional way. Dip the breast strips in this mixture.
- Remove the breasts from the egg mixture to later coat them with the grated coconut. Press with your fingers so that the coconut is well attached. Make sure to cover each part very well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, put the strips in until the chicken is well cooked and the coconut is golden brown and crisp.
- Finally, remove from heat and place each strip on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Preparation of the Mango Sauce
- Besides being delicious, the mango sauce is super easy to prepare. Start by blending the mango with the water and the chipotle, add salt and a little pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan, let the sugar simmer until it melts. Then carefully add the mango mixture and turn off just as it begins to boil. I add less than a teaspoon of sugar, I prefer it to be spicy. But naturally everything will depend on your taste and that of your family. This is it! I told you it was very easy to do.
The mango sauce can be served in a sauce boat so that everyone can be put to their liking or you can bathe the chicken strips when serving.
It can even be a simple snack while the whole family watches a movie. Remember that these strips with mango sauce are more nutritious than the wings or those chips that boys eat today.
Try them and tell me what you think!
The secret of these delicious cakes is in the cheese: Click here to read: How To Make Delicious Cheese Potato Pancakes