Do you think you need a life change? With this creative writing exercise you will open your mind and your emotions… Find out what it is about!
There comes a time in life when you feel personally and creatively blocked; you have many projects and ideas in mind, but you cannot make any of them; or it seems that your life no longer has the same feelling than before and that you need a change of life. Well for all those ills, I have a wonderful solution for you!
According to experts in health coaching, It is possible to maintain a balanced life, activate creativity and better understand your mind with this simple writing exercise.
It's called 'Morning Pages' and the detailed process, along with other activities specifically to unlock your creativity, can be found in the book “The Artist's Way” by Julia Cameron.
What is 'Morning Pages'?
To perform this exercise and have a life change you only need a notebook and a pen, the rest is practically writing breakfast. Well, every morning, when you wake up, you must write three pages. The first thing you do when you open your eyes is take a notebook, a pen and start writing. This is how you get up, no matter how disheveled you look or if the slime still runs off; between yawns and laziness and with the eyes still between closed.
And what to write? You wonder ... The first thing that crosses your mind!
Probably the first thought is: "I want to continue sleeping ...", because that will be what you put in your notebook. As you write down the first few words and your mind becomes more lucid, your ideas will begin to flow.
No matter what you write, or how you write it, your hand must be in motion until the three pages are completed. Probably, the first few days nothing you write will have coherence. Well, you can start by saying that the night before you ate a lot and had a stomach ache and end by writing about the music you like. Anything goes, however rare or insignificant it may seem!
What Is This Creative Writing Exercise For?
Change the negative in your life
As time goes by you will realize that what you write in 'Morning Pages' is negative, self-pitying, repetitive, childish, ridiculous ... Write everything as it comes to your mind, it is perfect as it is. Well, what is reflected in your notebook is precisely what is blocking you. By writing it down and releasing it, a world of possibilities opens up in your life. If you have been writing and complaining about the same thing for 2 months, I assure you that you will feel the impulse to act, to change what you are not liking and seek new possibilities. With this, you will have a balanced life in every way and, therefore, a life change.
Meditate With Scripture
If you are constant, you will connect with the source of wisdom that is within you. It is a very interesting way of meditating. You will feel how this writing exercise connects you with your inner power and, in addition, you will take action and make changes in your life to live in peace.
Take time for yourself
On the other hand, you might think: "I don't have time for anything and less for myself." But it's a lie. We all have the same 24 hours a day, we just need to organize ourselves and establish priorities. So, you can take 15-30 minutes for yourself with this exercise.
What you should keep in mind
- Write every day, whatever happens. Actually, Julia Cameron's book "The Artist's Way" indicates that it is a 12-week process; however, strive to make it a habit!
- Write without thinking too much.
- It doesn't matter if you can't write well. In the end, only you will read it.
- Complete the 3 sheets, even if it's nonsense. Curiously, from the page and a half is when the good comes out.
- During the first 8 weeks do not read what you have written.
The second part of the creative writing exercise consists of reading… It's that simple, though, there are also some points to consider…
- Read your notes after 2 months and analyze them.
- Sure you get interesting conclusions, maybe you start to connect the dots and understand why one thought leads to another. Where are your main concerns and, above all, the solutions and actions that you must carry out.
- At that point, you will notice two things: the first, at the beginning you have a sensor that does not let everything come out, but that day by day, week after week, it starts coming out and unlocks you. The second, that from the sheet and a half is when the best conclusions appear.
Try it and you will notice a real life change!
If you have lost your little animal, your faithful companion, then you will understand that it is not just anything: My Puppy's Last Days: Why Does Losing Them Hurt So Much?