Hispanic Heritage Month is a time to recognize Hispanic culture and traditions as well as the history behind the influence and achievements of Hispanics in the United States. Celebrated from September 15th to October 15th, Hispanic Heritage Month is a great time to educate yourself and your family while having fun and honoring your roots.
There are plenty of activities going on in Phoenix even with the COVID-19 restrictions. Make sure to invite all your friends and family to enjoy this month’s festivities.
Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- October 5th-10th – Guatemalan Barriletes – Stop by the Art Studio and build your colorful kite-like those from the Giant Kite Festival in Guatemala.
- October 12th-17th –Día De Los Muertos Skulls – Create a colorful “Day of the Dead” skull in the Art Studio.
Arizona State University
- Grácia Liliana Fernández: Building the Early Educational Foundation of the Tempe Normal School, 1907-1912
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 6:00pm to 7:00pm
“Please join us for a stellar evening with ASU Emeritus Professor, Archivist, and Historian, Dr. Chris Marin, as we shine a light onto the historic contributions of professor and librarian Grácia Liliana Fernández of Tempe’s Normal School (Arizona State University as it was known in the Arizona Territory) and her public impact to the broader community.”
Zoom Link: https://asu.zoom.us/j/87020125811
- Horchata y Pintando
Thursday, October 14, 2021 5:00pm to 7:00pm
“Join Changemaker Central in a painting and lesson with The Crafty Chica, Kathy Murillo. We will be following along in painting a Loteria card, and listening to Kathy shares her story, all while enjoying Horchata and other drinks.”
This event is also held virtually (as well as in-person at Poly): https://tinyurl.com/CMpintando
THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA
“A salute to Hispanic Achievements in Television spotlights some of the most critically acclaimed and culturally influential programs in the rich history of Hispanic television while acknowledging those who are currently telling these important stories.”
5. Register to receive online Hispanic Heritage Month events here 👉 https://www.paleycenter.org/exhibits/hhm-english/
6. Virtual Zumba® for Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month. October 6th Click here to join for FREE!
7. Extra! Latinas in Business. October 6th. Click here!
Is there any other event you’re attending to celebrate? Make sure to share it with us in the comments.
And don’t forget to follow us on social media for more updates on events in Phoenix, as well as digital and print advertising